This program is led by Kathleen Balma, a Pushcart Prize-winning poet, Fulbright fellow, and New Orleans Public Library librarian. Email her at email@example.com to register and to get the Zoom meeting information.
All genres are welcome, and participants should clarify whether they are submitting poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, or a play. Each program will open with an optional writing prompt for those without a prepared work; this will allow everyone in attendance to share their writing and receive feedback. Katy will use standard workshop/peer critique norms and etiquette, which will be explained and reviewed briefly during each workshop.
Etiquette and norms for workshops are as follows:
- Treat everyone with civility and respect.
- Be mindful of what you are making visible to others; all visuals should be appropriate for a public meeting space.
- Please mute your mic and refrain from making written comments when your own work is being critiqued.
- Be aware of how much, or how little, you are talking; don't "hog the mic."
- Creative expressions are welcome; hate speech is not.
This is a recurring program. It occurs every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month through December.